Lift & Contour with long-term collagen stimulation
Healthy young skin contains collagen that gives it volume, flexibility and strength. As part of the ageing process, the skin’s natural collagen breaks down resulting in the loss of facial volume. This loss of elasticity and volume results in wrinkles, facial lines, and skin laxity that rob the skin of its youthful appearance. RADIESSE® stimulates the skin’s production of collagen to restore volume in the skin, smooth away wrinkles and improve skin quality in the long-term.
RADIESSE® is now also available with integral 0.3% lidocaine (RADIESSE® Lidocaine). The line extension product combines the proven efficacy and safety of RADIESSE® with extra treatment comfort.
RADIESSE® – instant volume lifting and contouring
RADIESSE® is an injectable dermal filler that temporarily adds volume to help smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and gives an immediate lifting and firming effect of the skin. Once injected, RADIESSE® directly provides volume and lift needed to diminish the signs of ageing because of the calcium-based microspheres and gel that comprise the product. Both the gel and the microspheres are completely broken down by the body over time.
RADIESSE® – A COLLAGEN STIMULATOR
In addition to an immediate filling effect, the high-quality ingredients of Radiesse® stimulate the skin’s natural collagen synthesis. Thanks to the collagen-inducing effect of Radiesse®, the skin regains its youthful tightness and elasticity – your natural beauty blooms again.
Enhanced patient satisfaction (1,2,3,4)
The line extension product, Radiesse® Lidocaine, has been approved by the FDA (the American regulatory authority) and bears the CE mark, which is the European Union’s standard for product safety. The addition of integral lidocaine reliably enhances patient comfort, and combines the excellent lifting and contouring effects of the proven dermal filler Radiesse® with significant pain reduction.*
- Immediate correction of moderate to severe wrinkles
- Immediate lifting and contouring effects
- Stimulates the production of the skin’s natural collagen*
- Long-term improvement of skin quality*
- Feels soft and looks natural
- Provides results that last a year or more in many patients*
- Allows for an easy and convenient treatment
* Individual results are dependent on age, skin type, indications, lifestyle, metabolism and, of course, the area treated.
- Bass LS, et al. Calcium hydroxylapatite (RADIESSE®) for treatment of nasolabial folds: long-term safety and efficacy results. Aesthet Surg J. 2010 Mar; 30(2): p235-238.
- Moers-Carpi MM, Opi Tufet J. Calcium Hydroxylapatite versus Nonanimal Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid for the Correction of Nasolabial Folds: a 12-Month, Multicenter, Prospective, Randomized, Controlled, Split-Face Trial. Dermatol Surg. 2008; 34: p210-215.
- Tzikas TL. A 52-Month Summary of Results Using Calcium Hydroxylapatite for Facial Soft Tissue Augmentation. Dermatol Surg. 2008 Jun; 34 Suppl 1: p9-15.
- Yutskovkaya Y. et al., A Randomized, Split-Face, Histomorphologic Study Comparing a Volumetric Calcium Hydroxylapatite and a Hyaluronic Acid-Based Dermal Filler, J Drugs Dermatol. 2014; 13(9):1047-1052
HOW DOES RADIESSE® WORK?
Radiesse® is composed of small calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in a soft gel matrix. Radiesse® is gently injected by your physician into the skin, usually in small amounts with a very fine needle. For additional treatment comfort, the doctor may apply a local anaesthetic to treated areas. This injection provides an immediate and visible effect. Additionally, Radiesse® stimulates your skin’s own regeneration abilities – new collagen is produced over the following weeks and months, making your skin stronger and more elastic. Radiesse® treatment results are long-lasting, but not permanent. Many patients come back to repeat treatments because they are very happy with them. 90 % of men and women are satisfied with the treatment results of Radiesse®.1
1 Moers-Carpi M, et al. Dermatol Surg. 2007 Dec; 33 Suppl 2: S144–51
Mode of Action
Once injected, Radiesse® provides immediate volume and correction but also continues to work by stimulating the skin to produce its own natural collagen. Over time, the gel is absorbed and the body metabolises the CaHA microspheres, leaving behind only the skin’s natural collagen.
Once injected, Radiesse® shows an immediate one-to-one correction and lifting effect. It can instantly soften your smile lines, replace lost volume in your cheeks, or contour your jawline. One study* showed that Radiesse® Lidocaine achieves the same treatment outcome as Radiesse® and results in significant pain reduction during and throughout the first hour after treatment.
* Schachter Science Brief: Pain Control using the Injectable Dermal Filler Radiesse ®(+) for the correction of Nasolabial folds. Daniel Schachter, Vince Bertucci, Nowell Solish. POSTER PRESENTATION at 13th Anti-Aging Medicine World Congress (2015), Monaco, Monte Carlo.
Over the following weeks, Radiesse® microspheres stimulate the skin to produce new collagen for a soft, natural look.
Newly formed collagen surrounds the microspheres. The microspheres are eventually metabolised by the body’s normal processes.
The new collagen provides a long-term effect that may last for a year or more in many patients.*
* Individual results are dependent on age, skin type, lifestyle, metabolism and, of course, the area treated.